Are you a curvy or plus-size girl who’s looking for the right exercises to lose weight and feel great? Are you seeking exercises for curves? If you are curvy and want to hold on to your sexy hourglass figure while getting in shape, then here’s a cheat sheet… Check out these 5 best exercises for women with curves:
It may be sad but true: Squats are a great exercise for curves. The squat is one of the best moves to tone and shape your glutes while trimming your thighs. Just face it, we ladies with curves aren’t going to get away from squats so we might as well learn to love them. Oh, and don’t forget to breathe while doing them.
The same goes for lunges. Lunges work the back of your things and your glutes while toning your entire lower body. It might even give your butt a lift and more roundness.
3. JUMPING JACKS
Everyone needs to do some cardio in order to get in shape, and jumping jacks are the best cardio exercise for curves. Running is good too, but can take a toll on your knees and back. If jumping jacks or running aren’t your style, then try some dancing. There’s no better way to show off your sexy curves and burn some calories at the same time.
4. BICYCLE CRUNCHES
The bicycle crunch is great for targeting your stomach muscles, and it’s more fun than regular crunches. How do you do it?
- Lie on your back on a mat with knees bent, feet on the floor, and hands behind your head. Press your lower back into the mat and tighten your ab muscles as you lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the floor. Simultaneously move your right elbow and left knee toward each other while straightening your right leg and keeping it in the air.
- Draw your right knee back up and immediately move your left elbow and right knee toward each other while straightening your left leg. Continue to move continuously, as if pedaling a bicycle.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps 2-4 times a week.
5. SIDE-LYING HIP LIFTS
This exercise for curves helps strengthen your core while stretching your back, butt, hips and thighs. How do you do it?
- Get into side plank position with your elbow on the ground and your legs and hips resting on the ground. Engaging your abs and keeping your body in a straight line, raise the lower half of your body up off the ground into a straight plank position. Lower again and repeat.
- Do 15 on your right side, and then 15 on your left side.
Fat2Fly is your virtual personal trainer! We search the Web to find the best exercise videos for women with curves, and then tailor recommendations just for you, along with personalized text message reminders to your mobile phone so you never forget to do your workout. We’ve carefully chosen over 1,000 of the best exercise videos by fitness experts, and we only recommend videos that are easy to follow, show you exactly what to do, and guide you through each exercise the right way. Fat2Fly saves you precious time and eliminates the guessing games, so you can lose weight fast!